There are five stages you go through when your baby mysteriously goes from waking up multiple times a night to magically sleeping for 7+ hours
- I feel oddly rested. Wait. I have to pee. Why didn’t I pee the last time I was up with the baby? Wait… when was the last time I was up with the baby?
- Oh man, something happened to the baby. I’m too scared to check. Better wake Scott. There is no way I’m brave enough. Ok good. She’s fine.
- Time to snuggle in to rest. Think of all the sleep I could get! Oh man it’s going to feel so great. Let’s just pull up the blankets. Damn it, now it’s too hot. Let’s flip over the pillow. Now it’s not in the right spot. Has there always been a lump on this mattress here? Great. Now Scott is snoring. I’m never going to get to sleep.
- I miss that kid. I miss the quiet middle of the night snuggles. While sleep is nice I don’t get a lot of time to focus just on her with C being so demanding these days. And she’s not going to be a baby forever. She’s already so big. When did she start growing so fast? And by the time she wakes up, she’ll have grown again. I know I find the days so long being home with her so why do I miss her so much?
- Damn it, is that her fussing?