Some days, I do nothing. Other days, I do so much I exhaust myself. I haven’t quite learned to pace myself yet, but I’ll slowly figure that out, right?
Of course, it feels like there are more days I get nothing accomplished than days where I’m very productive. I could choose to focus on the days nothing went right, nothing got done, and the days that I felt like I was nothing. Instead, I’m going to focus on the good:
- I made jam. Turns out it’s easy. Who knew?
- I did a 5 minute clean up of all the major rooms on our main floor and while the house isn’t clean, it’s passable.
- I managed to only overreact for a little while when M randomly developed an allergy to eggs and began to vomit rather violently at the grocery store. And in the parking lot. And in the car. And in the kitchen. And in her bedroom.
- I got one work out in. The other days were spent walking and swimming, so at least still being active.
- I scheduled a bunch of blog posts, finally finishing off a few that have been in draft form for weeks, because after having a crazy few days, I decided I needed a glass of wine and some me-time.
What did you do this week — however small — that made you want to give yourself a pat on the back?