Logically, I know I have three full month until I go back to work (and I’m also aware that is more than many women get at all) but since I went back to work after having C in September, that’s what my brain thinks is happening again. As a result, my brain is panicking about all the things we didn’t get to do… and the good news is that we still have time to do them!
- Summer things – one more trip to the beach, one to the splashpad and maybe one to the wading pool just down the street
- Children’s Museum – we’ll likely hold off on this one for a little while, since they charge you per person regardless of age, so we’ll wait until my youngest person is a little bigger and might get more out of the baby&tots area
- Have a Mommy & Me day – just C and I for a bit. I know this mat leave was to bond with my baby, but my big baby needs me just as much, if not more, now. Plus, she’s starting pre-school very soon and I feel her childhood is quickly slipping away
- Spend more time outside. If it’s not raining, we usually are outside for part of the day, but I never feel like it’s enough. That may be due to the fact that when I want to go outside, C doesn’t, but when we’re not outside, she’s crying to go out.
- Set personal and professional goals before I go back. It’s much too easy to rest on my laurels when I’m back at work, but I know I’m not happy in my job (not that I’m unhappy) so I want to see what I can do to make sure that if I have to work, it’s going to be something that I want to do.