Beth is right: writer’s block is usually at its fiercest Mondays so I’m glad she did this fun little blogging exercise and so I thought “why not do it too!” Of course, I schedule posts so her Monday post? It’s my Friday post! I’m just doing the first section today. Maybe the others down the road?
Five favourite things to do
- Run. It’s been way too long since I got a chance to run between kids and weather and general levels of darkness. But I miss it so much.
- Yoga. Here’s one that I haven’t really thought about as a favourite but it came up in this morning’s bootcamp and I realized I miss the quiet meditation of a good yoga class.
- Walk. I try to get my girls outside every day. My preferred outside activity is walking. C doesn’t get the point of walking for the sake of walking so it’s usually a tough sell if I want to just walk around the neighbourhood. A walk is extra good if Madeline is wrapped up asleep on my back, and I’ve remembered to make myself a cup of tea.
- Tea. There is something so comforting about a cup of Earl Grey tea especially in the winter.
- Creating things. I like making things for others. I make hooded towels as baby gifts. I make the girls’ Halloween costumes (this year: hoping for dinosaurs). I’m building their Christmas present. A friend once said the only moment that makes you more proud of creating something is seeing someone actually use it.