Tomorrow, I turn 34. I’m entering my mid-thirties, and it’s comfortable. That being said, being comfortable makes me twitchy, so I need a few resolutions to keep my life rolling.
- Make a move in my career by September. It can mean moving to a new position where I am, looking outside of my current organization, or applying for further schooling. Yes, I said this on Wednesday, but that’s how I know it’s important enough to lead this list.
- Really focus on making the most of my time. I seem to always be saying: “priorities aren’t a list you have in your head. Priorities are how you spend your time” and while I know that, I don’t always act on that. I’m putting in more structure to my free time to actually do what I say is important to me. In a couple weeks, I’m taking my first (since the old days of 4-H) photography workshop. I’m also limiting the number of evenings I’m allowed to default to just watch TV.
- Read more books. I really fell off the book reading this year, and I miss it. Hopefully the last point will help with it, but I’ve got a stack of books I’m excited to read, and (knock on wood), I’m starting to get enough time back in the evenings to actually jump into a book.
- I’m going to run a 10K by Thanksgiving. I don’t know whether it’s going to be an actual race, or just around my neighbourhood, so long as I run ever meter of it. I also know that running itself isn’t the best for my body, so I’m going to make sure that I’m exercising regularly, cross-training as needed, to make sure my knees (or any other body part, but really looking at you, knees) don’t let me down.
- While I’m busy working on me, making sure I’m taking time for Scott. Right now our shared interest is… our kids? Finding a food everyone will eat so we don’t have meal time fights? We need to work on that.
I think 34 is going to be a good year, and if I even achieve one of these, it’ll be even better!