Do you ever have those weeks where you realize you’ve been going going going but nothing has happened on your to-do list? Since going back to work, my whole life feels like that. But since we’re nearing the end of January, I thought I’d actually take a look at everything we’ve been doing!
- I read a book. It wasn’t good. But I finished it and while I should really be getting on my (own) case about starting the next one, let’s just focus on the positives here!
- I took a photography workshop and while I definitely much more comfortable with my camera than needed for the class, I did learn a lot and gained some more confidence.
- I kept getting sidelined on my workout goals, but I kept trying.
- My gym is mostly set up. We need to do some wiring which is not the number 1 priority, but everything is in place. And we’re actually using the space so yay!
- We are rarely letting our house devolve into the disaster that we normally let it, and when we do, we’re faster at cleaning it up.
- I’m getting a better grip on making sure we have food prepared ahead of time for rushed mornings, preschool lunches, and no effort suppers. I think as long as I keep up with one day a week where I make a double recipe, to freeze half, and one day a weekend where I make breakfast muffins/bars, we should be doing all right.
- We have had a couple weekends where it is nice enough to play outside, and even took C skating for the first time.
- We’re alternating who is putting which kid to bed to help reduce the tantrums that happen when someone doesn’t get her way.
- M is putting herself to sleep at night. And mostly sleeping through the night. And C is having some dry nights too.
- I try to keep my work life personal (does that make sense), but I’ve expressed interest in joining some committees, I’ve been zealous in my desire to learn more about other roles in my department, resulting in two training sessions and an invitation to a meeting, and I’m going to take an online course (free, though was apparently either strongly recommended or required for our staff while I was on mat leave).
- I survived the busiest time period in my work, keeping overtime under control and, as far as I can tell, with no known errors. So far.
So we’ve been busy. Even if it feels like we haven’t made any headway, we really have!