C, our biggest little, is going through something. There is this nagging sense of anxiety about her and she’s frequently complaining of a tummy ache. It’s worrying, but at the same time, these moments never last long so it’s hard to be convinced that there is a seriously problem lurking under it all. Still, I spent some one on one time with her the other night to try to figure out what’s going on and while I can’t be 100% sure that I know the cause, we do know that she immediately perks up after getting some extra love. So this week, I thought I’d list my five favourite things to do with C
- Read books. She snuggles in, she sits still, and she listens so intently.
- Dance parties. Oh man, we don’t nearly have enough of these now that we aren’t making supper at a more leisurely pace.
- Singalongs. Right now, it’s Moana, but Frozen and Muppet Movie are favourites too.
- Colouring. We’ve each got our own colouring book and our own markers. And until yesterday, that was pretty great.
- Snuggles. It’s not often but sometimes she just wants to snuggle and chat.