If you follow me on Twitter, you’ll know that I am weaning myself off sugar-y beverages and drink more water. You’ll also know that drinking 96 ounces of fluids (16 tea, 80 water) meant that I had to pee a whole lot that day.
Despite that very specific drawback, I’ve been enjoying keeping much better hydrated. Some of my favourite perks
- I walk more. Not just to the bathroom. I also walk more to fill up my cup, so between the two, I’m not sitting stuck in my chair at my desk for as long.
- My skin is cracking less in this cold weather. It’s still cracking, and I know I need to be better at moisturizing, but improvement is good!
- I’ve developed a love for warm water. Yes, the same beverage I mocked my mother-in-law for just a couple short weeks ago. But in winter? You can’t chug the ice cold stuff.
- I have no problem getting up in the morning, mostly because my bladder and my alarm clock are in cahoots.
- I don’t miss sugary beverages nearly as much as I did at the beginning of the week